Thursday 24 May 2012

Summertime, and the Livin' is Easy..... with ukulelemike

At last, summer has arrived in the UK - wall to wall sunshine today, coast to coast, temperatures 24 - 26 degrees everywhere, just about.... and it's gorgeous. I turned to my uke in October last year, to get me happily through the plunge of the sun into winter - I'm just a spring and summer person - and apart from some lovely and unseasonably warm weather in March, it has been downright chilly, damp and miserable. But now - gorgeous. The leaves are all beautifully fresh and green, the birds are chasing each other about, utterly "twitterpated" (Bambi - remember?) and at last this morning I was coaxed away from my ukulele for an hour or so to give the garden some much-needed attention before it actually got too hot!

And - "Porgy and Bess" is coming to Birmingham in a couple of weeks, courtesy of Cape Town Opera. LSH and I are big Gershwin fans, and we've just bought our tickets; can't wait!

The song "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess is such a wonderful song - I looked for a ukulele version - and came up with this from one of my ukulele heroes, Mike Lynch. Click here for much more information on the song and a tutorial with chords.

Mike Lynch - you are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!