Friday 6 July 2012

Today - a Wedding Sing-Along!

It's going to be an interesting day. We're going to a wedding. I only mention it because as soon as the wedding date was announced, I was asked to do a sing-along with my uke for the guests at the reception. The father of the bride, a close friend, plays guitar, so I suggested that we do it together - I knew the family would particularly enjoy his participation. So it's planned. And we are ready; we have a list.

But after the weather gods relented and gave us a lovely sunny day yesterday - darn it - today they have forecast for central England torrential rain, amber alert for floods, a month's rain in 24 hours. No less than eighty-six flood alerts issued for the UK. What a shame for the happy couple, lovely people who have been together for years and are tying the knot after she exercised her prerogative and popped the question on leap year day, 29th February.

My uke stuff is ready, and I keep finding new wedding-friendly songs that I wish I'd found earlier. Darn it again. Like "Happy Together" by the Turtles - beautiful - We might sing 'em anyway.

I've posted a page, listing the songs we'll be singing, and some more...I'd love to hear from you if you have more ideas - and I'd love to hear from you anyway! You need a Google account to comment, I think - check it out!

Whatever you're doing today dear readers, I hope the weather gods are kind to you - and thanks for looking in - I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!