Friday 1 August 2014

A must-watch! Francesca and Catalina Davies - Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree

Still trying to catch up on all the blog posts I want to do...

We hardly recognised Francesca Davies in her 40's-style outfit and hairdo last weekend as she and her sister Catalina busked with Alan Yates, John Taylor, Stuart Lowther and Cameron Aitken at the George Formby Society one-day convention at Morecambe Winter Gardens. They drew the crowds with their skilled Formby strumming - but here's Francesca and Catalina as we are used to seeing them - this time wowing everyone in Blackpool at the June convention! And for once, not playing ukulele at all... this is a must-watch, as they sing together the Andrews Sisters wartime number, "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree". It's a real treat!



If these two sisters are not bound for stardom, I'll eat my hat! Francesca is sounding a little like Alma Cogan these days - remember her? And Catalina's voice rings out in the harmonies above. Absolutely delightful! They also performed "The Boogie-woogie Bugle Boy of Company B"... I can't wait to see what they come with next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!